As we wrap up this study on Managine Money God’s Way, I want to review the main points of the study. I hope that you have been working on utilizing these principles of money management in your daily life.
- God owns everything. “The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains” (Psalm 24:1)
- Avoid Debt. “Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender.” (Proverbs 22:7)
- Seek Counsel. “And one standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer; three is even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
- Absolute Honesty. “The Lord loathes all cheating and dishonesty.” (Proverbs 20:23)
- Generous Giving. “Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive'” (Acts 20:35)
- Hard Work. “The Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it” (Genesis 2:15)
- Save, Invest. “Steady plodding brings prosperity; hasty speculation brings poverty.” (Proverbs 21:5)
- Train Children. “Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
As Pastor Bart said in his message last Sunday,
Financial freedom is achieved by becoming a faithful steward. Financial success is achieved by remaining a faithful steward.
If you enjoyed this study, you may also like to complete the more in depth study offered by Crown Financial. If you know what podcasts are and would like to subscribe to a daily 3-minute podcast from Crown entitled “Managing Your Money”, here is the link.